Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Diddy Prosecutors Deny Leaking Cassie Video – And Say He’s Trying to Hide ‘Damning’ Evidence

Published

on

Weeks after Combs’ lawyers accused the government of leaking evidence, prosecutors say it’s a ruse by his legal team to prevent jurors from seeing the tape.

The infamous 2016 surveillance video showing Sean “Diddy” Combs assaulting his former girlfriend wasn’t illegally leaked to the media by prosecutors, government attorneys argue in a new filing that accuses the rapper’s lawyers of trying to “suppress a damning piece of evidence.”

In a motion filed late Wednesday, federal prosecutors responded to leaking accusations made by Combs’ lawyers earlier this month.

Diddy Prosecutors Deny Leaking Cassie Video – And Say He’s Trying to Hide ‘Damning’ Evidence

They say it was impossible that they had leaked the video of Combs striking Cassie Venture to CNN because they didn’t even have it at the time it was published in May.

The government says Diddy’s attorneys know that, but that they’re using the leak accusations as a way to prevent jurors from seeing Combs “brutally physically assaulting a victim” — a crucial piece of evidence.

“Without any factual basis, the leak motion seeks to suppress highly probative evidence … by claiming that it was grand jury material leaked by government agents,” prosecutors write.

“But, as the defendant is fully aware, the video was not in the Government’s possession at the time of CNN’s publication and the Government has never, at any point, obtained the video through grand jury process.”

Combs, also known as Puff Daddy and P. Diddy, was once one of the most powerful men in the music industry.

But last month, he was indicted by federal prosecutors on charges of racketeering and sex trafficking over what the government says was a sprawling criminal operation aimed at satisfying his need for “sexual gratification.

” If convicted on all the charges, he faces potential life prison sentence.

Wednesday’s new filing came three weeks after Combs’ attorneys demanded an investigation into the alleged leaks, claiming they had “led to damaging, highly prejudicial pre-trial publicity that can only taint the jury pool and deprive Mr. Combs of his right to a fair trial.”

Diddy’s attorneys pointed specifically to the Cassie video, which showed Combs striking his then-girlfriend in the hallway of a Los Angeles hotel in 2016 and made headlines when CNN released it in May.

“The videotape was leaked to CNN for one reason alone: to mortally wound the reputation and the prospect of Sean Combs successfully defending himself against these allegations,” Agnifilo wrote.

“Rather than using the videotape as trial evidence, alongside other evidence that gives it context and meaning, the agents misused it in the most prejudicial and damaging way possible.”

Wednesday’s filing from prosecutors also addressed Diddy’s recent demand that the government reveal the names of his alleged sexual abuse victims.

In a motion earlier this month, his lawyers arguing he cannot fairly defend himself without knowing their identities.

In the response, the government argued that such disclosures “poses serious risks” to the safety of the victims, citing Diddy’s “significant history of violence and obstruction” that resulted in him being denied release on bail last month.

“Due to the defendant’s history, the Government has serious concerns about victim safety and the possibly of witness tampering if a list of victim names were provided to the defendant,” prosecutors wrote.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

30 Minutes Ago: Washington, D.C. – U.S President Donald Trump has been hurriedly rushed to the hospital after being involved in a ghastly motor accident while en route to a private event. The event occurred…⤵️⤵️

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

SAD NEWS: Elon Musk Suffers Heart Attack 10 Minutes Ago and Passes Away at His Private Residence. According to Shocking Reports, Just 5 Minutes Before the Incident, the Billionaire Tech Mogul Was Last Visited By…Continue Reading

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

VIDEO: Rihanna admits When she was 16 years old, Diddy told her “Either sleep with me or go out the window on the 29th floor”, what’s even scarier is that he… see more

CELEBRITY1 day ago

JUST IN: Will Smith Breaks Down in Tears 😭after Tapes Of Him and Diddy Leak! Full story 👇

CELEBRITY1 day ago

At 17, Shiloh, Brad Pitt’s Daughter reveals this footage and Confirms Rumors Of…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce shows off their love child for the first time since rumors of the birth and reveals their wedding plans…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: U.S. President Donald Trump Reportedly Began Bleeding from his eyes during a high-level meeting at the White House, prompting immediate concern from officials and medical personnel…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: Heart Attack Strikes Elon Musk 5 Minutes Ago. In an unexpected and alarming development, tech mogul Elon Musk reportedly suffered a heart attack just five minutes ago. According to sources close to Musk, the incident occurred at his private residence in…SEE MORE

CELEBRITY3 days ago

30 Minutes Ago: Fox News has reported that U.S. President Donald Trump has been urgently rushed to the White House emergency medical unit late last night after experiencing dangerously low oxygen levels…Donald Trump is said to be in a CRITICAL SITUATION

CELEBRITY3 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO: Music fans around the world are in shock and panic after reports emerged that Taylor Swift has been rushed to the hospital following a serious accident in her home kitchen…

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Scranton, PA – Former U.S. President Joe Biden has passed away in his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, just after suffering from a sudden…

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Why she called off wedding: Sydney Sweeney and fiancé Jonathan Davino split after nearly 7 years

Copyright © 2024 USAboomin