Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Country music world stands by Morgan Wallen despite roller-coaster year

Published

on

Morgan Wallen has quickly become one of country music’s favorite artists.

In the 10 years since he released his debut EP and became a professional singer and songwriter, Wallen has broken records left and right and earned acclaim among his peers in the country music community.

Wallen, 31, hit his stride in 2024 and topped the Country Music Association Awards nominations with seven nods, including entertainer of the year, single of the year and male vocalist of the year.

Despite success on the stage, Wallen personally faced an uphill battle after an arrest in April in which he was accused of throwing a chair off a rooftop bar in Nashville.

Country music world stands by Morgan Wallen despite roller-coaster year

On April 7, Wallen was charged with three felony counts by the Metro Nashville Police Department after a chair he allegedly threw off the roof of the six-story Chief’s bar landed on Broadway near two police officers.

The “Last Night” singer was “cooperating fully” with the investigation, a rep for the musician told Fox News Digital at the time.

Wallen was booked into jail around 12:36 a.m. local time. The “Whiskey Glasses” singer was released around 3:30 a.m.

His bond was set at $15,250, according to the Metro Nashville Police Department.

Country music world stands by Morgan Wallen despite roller-coaster year

Nearly two weeks later, Wallen broke his silence to denounce his actions in a post shared on X.

“I didn’t feel right publicly checking in until I made amends with some folks,” Wallen wrote on social media.

“I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility.

“I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe.

Country music world stands by Morgan Wallen despite roller-coaster year

Regarding my tour, there will be no change.”
Multiple court dates were scheduled and reset, and Wallen is now scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 12.

It’s unclear what penalties Wallen faces, but Rither Alabre, former New York prosecutor and current partner in the White Collar Defense &

Investigation Practice Group at Blank Rome LLP, previously told Fox News Digital that Wallen could see major penalties if convicted.

“The felony charges are the most serious ones and could land Wallen in jail for up to six years if he is prosecuted and convicted of those charges,” Alabre said.

“The reckless endangerment counts could have been charged as misdemeanors, which would have made them less serious and exposed Wallen to a maximum of up to 11 months and 29 days in jail.

“However, a reckless endangerment count can be charged as a class E felony if the alleged act was committed with a deadly weapon.”

Wallen’s role in the alleged chair-throwing incident was just a drop in the bucket for the “Wasted on You” singer, who capped a massive, chart-topping year by expanding his country music empire into the festival circuit with the launch of the Sand in My Boots festival.

Fresh off his headlining gig at the Stagecoach music festival and his recently wrapped “One Thing at a Time” tour, the singer teamed up with

Goldenvoice Executive Vice President Stacy Vee to create a three-day event in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

“Me and my team have been working on this for a while, and we’re going to be heading south to the beaches, and I’m bringing some of my friends with me,” Wallen said in a video shared Thursday.

“Mark your calendars for May 16, 17, 18 of 2025 for the ‘Sand in My Boots’ music festival.”

The lineup includes his buddies Post Malone, Brooks & Dunn, Hardy, Bailey Zimmerman and Riley Green, in addition to a dozen other artists.

In June, he looked through a pair of “Whiskey Glasses” and explored more business avenues by opening a six-story restaurant, bar and music venue near the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville called This Bar and Tennessee Kitchen.

“I sing about finding myself in ‘this bar,’ and now it’s coming to life. This venue will hold true to everything I love and is inspired by my fans and the way they have embraced me and my music,” Wallen said in a press release.

He’s also given back directly to the community that helped him, too.

When Hurricane Helene devastated parts of the East Coast, Wallen donated $500,000 to the Red Cross via the Morgan Wallen Foundation.

Wallen created a “HELP” T-shirt, with 100% of the artist’s proceeds going to the Morgan Wallen Foundation for Hurricane Helene’s relief fund, the country music star shared on Instagram.

While he competed on season 6 of “The Voice” and was eliminated in the playoff round, Wallen first found fame on radio airwaves after collaborating with Florida Georgia Line on the single “Up Down,” which became his first song to reach the top five on Billboard’s Hot Country songs chart.

His debut studio album, “If I Know Me,” was released in April 2018 and was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

He followed it up two years later with “Dangerous: The Double Album,” which broke a number of records.

His third album released in 2023, “One Thing at a Time,” is the longest-running No. 1 country album of all time on the Billboard 200 chart.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

30 Minutes Ago: Washington, D.C. – U.S President Donald Trump has been hurriedly rushed to the hospital after being involved in a ghastly motor accident while en route to a private event. The event occurred…⤵️⤵️

CELEBRITY13 hours ago

SAD NEWS: Elon Musk Suffers Heart Attack 10 Minutes Ago and Passes Away at His Private Residence. According to Shocking Reports, Just 5 Minutes Before the Incident, the Billionaire Tech Mogul Was Last Visited By…Continue Reading

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

VIDEO: Rihanna admits When she was 16 years old, Diddy told her “Either sleep with me or go out the window on the 29th floor”, what’s even scarier is that he… see more

CELEBRITY1 day ago

JUST IN: Will Smith Breaks Down in Tears 😭after Tapes Of Him and Diddy Leak! Full story 👇

CELEBRITY1 day ago

At 17, Shiloh, Brad Pitt’s Daughter reveals this footage and Confirms Rumors Of…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce shows off their love child for the first time since rumors of the birth and reveals their wedding plans…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: U.S. President Donald Trump Reportedly Began Bleeding from his eyes during a high-level meeting at the White House, prompting immediate concern from officials and medical personnel…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: Heart Attack Strikes Elon Musk 5 Minutes Ago. In an unexpected and alarming development, tech mogul Elon Musk reportedly suffered a heart attack just five minutes ago. According to sources close to Musk, the incident occurred at his private residence in…SEE MORE

CELEBRITY3 days ago

30 Minutes Ago: Fox News has reported that U.S. President Donald Trump has been urgently rushed to the White House emergency medical unit late last night after experiencing dangerously low oxygen levels…Donald Trump is said to be in a CRITICAL SITUATION

CELEBRITY3 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO: Music fans around the world are in shock and panic after reports emerged that Taylor Swift has been rushed to the hospital following a serious accident in her home kitchen…

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Scranton, PA – Former U.S. President Joe Biden has passed away in his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, just after suffering from a sudden…

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Why she called off wedding: Sydney Sweeney and fiancé Jonathan Davino split after nearly 7 years

Copyright © 2024 USAboomin